This 3 day Uganda camping tour will enable you have an awesome game viewing experience without spending a fortune. Camping is the cheapest means of accommodation. There are camping sites in all national parks around the country.
Whatever destination that you choose, we shall be in position to take you there however for this wonderful experience, you will be driven to Lake Mburo National park. Lake Mburo National Park is one of the most famous national Parks in Uganda.
The park is the most accessible national park from Kampala; Lake Mburo National Park is the nearest national park from Kampala. It takes approximately 4 hours to drive to the park.
We will hire all the camping equipment such as the camping tent, mosquito net, and all other essential items. To ensure that you have an exceptional experience, you will be driven by an experienced tour guide who is highly knowledgeable about Ugandan safaris. Our tour guides will take you to Lake Mburo National Park.
We always pick our tourists from the airport to their hotels around Kampala or Entebbe. All you need is to inform us about your date and time of arrival and one of tour guides will visit the airport to pick you and drive you to the hotel.
Day 1: Game viewing in Lake Mburo.
Early in the morning, you will be driven to Lake Mburo National Park. The tour guide will visit your hotel where you will be picked and driven to the park. It takes approximately 4 hours to arrive in Lake Mburo National Park.
Along the way, you will have a stop at the Equator. In Lake Mburo, you will have a wonderful game viewing experience where you will look out for zebras, giraffes, hyena, cheetah, buffaloes, warthogs, jackal, leopard, jackal, serval, topi and many more different species. In the evening, you will be driven to the camping site for a wonderful night.
Day 2: boat cruise and game drive.
Early in the morning, you will visit the park for a wonderful game viewing experience. During this day, you will have enough time to explore the various parts of the park. You will have an extensive game drive thanks to our tour guide. We have a wonderful team of tour guides who are knowledgeable about Lake Mburo safaris.
The guide will use his expertise to ensure that you have a remarkable experience. The game drive will stop at lunch time. At lunch time, you will be offered with meals and later you will go for boat cruise. The boat cruise is the highlight of the lake Mburo tour, during the boat cruise, you will witness hippopotamus, crocodiles and many other aquatic species. It is remarkable to witness the sunset. After sun setting, you will return to the camping site for another night.
Day 3: Nature walk and later drive to Kampala.
Early in the morning, you will take a nature walk around the park while witnessing various wildlife species and afterwards, you will be driven to Kampala or Entebbe International airport.
Contact us today for the best tours in Rwanda and Uganda.
Tel: +250 787 290611.
Whatsapp/Call: +256 782 29222.
Camping in Lake Mburo National Park offers a unique and immersive experience for those seeking a closer connection to nature and wildlife. This Ugandan national park is known for its diverse landscapes, abundant wildlife, and picturesque lakes, making it a fantastic destination for camping enthusiasts. Here’s what you need to know about camping in Lake Mburo National Park:
Campsites: Lake Mburo National Park offers designated campsites where visitors can set up tents and enjoy a rustic camping experience. The two main campsites are Rwonyo Campsite and Eagles Nest Campsite.
- Rwonyo Campsite: This is the main campsite located near the park headquarters. It offers basic facilities such as pit latrines and showers. The campsite is situated close to Lake Mburo, providing beautiful views and opportunities to spot wildlife.
- Eagles Nest Campsite: Situated near Lake Mburo, this campsite offers a peaceful environment with stunning views of the lake and its surroundings. Facilities are basic, but the natural beauty of the area compensates for any lack of luxury.
Camping Experience: Camping in Lake Mburo National Park allows you to fully immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of the wilderness. You can wake up to the calls of birds, watch wildlife move through the campsite, and enjoy breathtaking sunrises and sunsets over the lake. The tranquility of the park’s landscapes creates a serene backdrop for your camping adventure.
Activities: During your camping experience, you can enjoy a variety of activities within the park:
- Game Drives: Embark on game drives to explore the park’s diverse wildlife, including zebras, impalas, elands, buffalos, and more.
- Nature Walks: Guided nature walks allow you to explore the park on foot, offering opportunities to encounter smaller wildlife, birds, and unique plant species.
- Boat Safaris: Take a boat safari on Lake Mburo to get up close to hippos, crocodiles, waterbirds, and other aquatic life.
- Birdwatching: Lake Mburo is home to a variety of bird species, making it a great destination for birdwatching enthusiasts.
- Make sure to bring all necessary camping equipment, including tents, sleeping bags, cooking gear, and food supplies.
- Respect the park’s rules and guidelines, including regulations related to campfires, waste disposal, and interactions with wildlife.
- Be aware of the presence of wildlife around the campsite and take precautions to ensure your safety.
- Since facilities at the campsites are basic, be prepared for an authentic camping experience without luxury amenities.
Camping in Lake Mburo National Park offers a chance to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of daily life and reconnect with nature in a truly African wilderness setting. It’s advisable to check with the park authorities regarding camping fees, permits, and availability before planning your camping trip.
The best time for camping in Uganda depends on several factors, including weather, wildlife viewing opportunities, and personal preferences. Uganda’s diverse landscapes and ecosystems offer different experiences throughout the year. Here’s a breakdown of the best times for camping in Uganda:
Dry Season (June to September and December to February): The dry seasons are generally considered the best time for camping in Uganda. Here’s why:
- Weather: Dry conditions mean fewer rain showers and more comfortable camping weather. Clear skies make for pleasant evenings around the campfire.
- Wildlife Viewing: During the dry season, wildlife tends to congregate around water sources, making them easier to spot. National parks are usually drier, allowing for more accessible game drives and wildlife encounters.
- Less Mosquito Activity: The drier months tend to have fewer mosquitoes, reducing the annoyance of insects during your camping experience.
Best Time for Gorilla Trekking and Wildlife Safaris: If you’re combining your camping trip with gorilla trekking or wildlife safaris, the dry seasons are the ideal time. These activities are most enjoyable when the trails are not muddy, and wildlife is more active and visible.
Wet Season (March to May and October to November): While the wet seasons have their challenges, they can still offer unique camping experiences:
- Lush Greenery: The wet months bring lush vegetation and beautiful landscapes. The scenery is vibrant and picturesque, offering excellent opportunities for photography.
- Fewer Tourists: National parks and camping areas are less crowded during the wet season, providing a more serene and exclusive camping experience.
- Birdwatching: Wet seasons are fantastic for birdwatching, as migratory bird species join the resident species, enhancing the diversity of avian life.
- Rain Gear: If you’re camping during the wet season, be sure to bring appropriate rain gear, waterproof tenting, and extra protection for your belongings.
- Wildlife Safety: Always follow safety guidelines when camping in areas with wildlife. Store food properly to avoid attracting animals to your campsite.
- Advance Planning: Regardless of the season, it’s advisable to make camping reservations and permits in advance, especially for popular destinations.
- Comfort: Be prepared for basic camping facilities, especially in remote areas. Bring camping gear that suits your comfort level and needs.
The best time for camping in Uganda depends on your preferences and the activities you wish to engage in. The dry seasons offer comfortable weather and ideal conditions for wildlife activities, while the wet seasons provide unique landscapes and a quieter camping experience. Ultimately, the choice of when to go camping depends on the kind of adventure you’re seeking and your tolerance for weather conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions about Camping in Uganda.
- What is a camping tour in Uganda? A camping tour in Uganda involves exploring the country’s natural beauty and wildlife while camping in designated camping sites within national parks, game reserves, and other scenic locations.
- What destinations can I visit during a camping tour in Uganda? Popular destinations for a camping tour in Uganda include national parks like Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, Lake Mburo, and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. These parks offer diverse wildlife, landscapes, and activities.
- What types of accommodations are available during a camping tour? During a camping tour, you’ll stay in tents that are set up in designated camping areas within national parks. Some sites offer basic facilities like shared bathrooms and simple dining areas.
- Can I combine gorilla trekking with a camping tour in Uganda? Yes, you can combine a camping tour with gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. This provides an immersive experience in both the wilderness and the unique encounter with mountain gorillas.
- Is a camping tour suitable for families with children? Camping tours can be suitable for families, but it’s important to consider the preferences and needs of all family members, especially in terms of comfort and safety.
- What activities can I do during a camping tour in Uganda? Activities may include game drives, nature walks, birdwatching, boat safaris, and cultural interactions with local communities. Activities vary based on the destination.
- Can I go on guided tours during a camping tour? Yes, guided tours are a common part of camping tours in Uganda. Experienced guides lead you on activities, provide information about wildlife, and ensure your safety.
- What should I pack for a camping tour in Uganda? Pack essentials such as camping gear (if not provided), sturdy walking shoes, comfortable clothing, insect repellent, a hat, sunscreen, a flashlight, and a camera.
- How do I book a camping tour in Uganda? You can book a camping tour through reputable tour operators who specialize in organizing camping safaris. They will arrange transportation, accommodations, activities, and guides.
- Are camping sites safe in Uganda? Camping sites within national parks are typically safe, especially when under the guidance of park authorities and tour operators. However, it’s essential to follow safety guidelines and instructions.
- What is the best time for a camping tour in Uganda? The dry seasons of June to September and December to February are generally considered the best times for camping tours, as weather conditions are more favorable.
- Can I combine a camping tour with other activities in Uganda? Yes, you can combine a camping tour with other activities like chimpanzee tracking, white-water rafting, or city tours in Kampala.
- Are there age restrictions for a camping tour in Uganda? Age restrictions may vary depending on the specific tour and destination. It’s advisable to check with us regarding age requirements.
These FAQs provide insights into common questions about a camping tour in Uganda. Always ensure you have the most accurate and up-to-date information from official sources or contact us before embarking on your camping adventure.